The Petter Wine Gallery – Wines
Top Ten Wines We Enjoyed During The 2017 Holiday Season
- Mont Marcal Cava – Dry, with tiny frothy bubbles, this Spanish sparkler tastes of Bosc pear, green apple and lemon zest. Perfect effervescent party on your tongue.
- Dipinti Pinot Grigio – Delightful Italian dry white with hints of tangerine, apricot, almond and spice, priced perfectly for your Christmas Eve celebration crowd.
- Moulin de Gassac Chardonnay – Dry and un-oaked French beauty, rich and round with bright notes of juicy nectarine, orange peel and honeyed lemon.
- Trefethen Chardonnay – Cool Napa white with a creamy spicy lemon nose and flavors of a luscious fresh-baked apple tart in a lingering delicious finish.
- Gougenheim Malbec – This pink SPARKLING sipper from Argentina fools you with a delicate nose before jumping in your mouth with bright cherry & strawberry. Another one at a crowd pleasing price, too!
- Bellefontaine Cabernet Sauvignon – Lovely and French – Find it lush, very easy drinking and dark berry-filled with a hint of pleasant spice. This one is a crowd pleaser at a party planner’s price! Perfect for holiday gatherings – large and small.
- Groth Cabernet Sauvignon – Iconic big Napa cab, mellowed with a splash of Merlot, full and supple with black cherry and blackberry, tobacco, vanilla, clove and an interesting puff of smoke in the finish.
- Klinkerbrick Old Vine Zinfandel – This Californian big old zin has lovely hints of pepper and cigar smoke PLUS an amazing long finish of warm and delicious brambleberry pie.
- Brown Rosemary’s Block Zinfandel – A deeply complex Napa Zin with yes… rose petals, mandarin orange, forest, gunpowder, tobacco, flint, MacIntosh apple peel, hibiscus tea, vanilla, yet also rich blackberry & bing cherry, ultra ripe and silky finish.
- Chateau de Karantes – A very special French Syrah that smoothly slips around your tongue with dark ripe fruits, blackberry and dark cherry ‘almost jams’ with baking spice and anise in a velvety smooth ending.
Hope you got the chance to enjoy a few of these wines during the holidays. We are open by appointment only until March 2018. Join the Gallery Email List and hear about upcoming things to do at the Gallery in the spring of 2018!
Sip by the taste or the glass at our wine bar – Buy wine in our retail shop
Let us surprise you with our thoughtfully curated collection of artisan fine wines. Our boutique wine bar is a cozy spot to lounge and sip wine with an artfully presented charcuterie or cheese board. YES – you may enjoy a glass while you walk through the fine art gallery! And, there are two relaxing outdoor seating areas in the upper gallery, plus gated art garden seating in the lower gallery. Feel free to relax with your wine and sit awhile amongst the exceptional art here…it is expected.
Wine Tasting Before or After Your Restaurant, Theater or Beach Excursion.
Challenge your taste buds with our constant rotation of fine wines on tap at our Wine Bar. We specialize in finding small production offerings, unique varietals and great local wines. Order one or more 2-ounce tasting pours or a 6 ounce glass. As you are looking through the wines on our shelves, you will notice stickers stating that the wine is on tap and available to taste before you buy.